Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Another Boring Story

I'm never sure how to start these things, so I'm just starting.

Welcome to Capp This Girl, I'm Liz and I am Capp This Girl.


That is Frank, he is not mine

This is my own little cyberspace home. (Or at least I'm trying to make it that way, I've started lots of blogs, maybe this will be the one to finish them)

A little bit about me...



I study journalism and Middle Eastern studies at San Francisco State University. I'm a writer by night and a pro barista by day. (Even though I'm sick of making coffee, I still wake up at ridiculous hours, hellllo 3:45AM, to do it. You gotta stick with what you know...right? Ugh)




I love music. (even though I can't make it, trust me, I've tried numerous times, I even used to be in bands, fancy that) I grew up listening to punk and it kinda followed me into adulthood. (Though I am proud to say that I have extended my taste to garage, post-punk, delta blues, girls groups of the 50's and 60's, swing, rockabilly, some industrial, the great ladies of jazz and blues, and all things kitschy and French) I still go to shows, I still read Maximum Rock N Roll, I still spend too much money on records, silly as it sounds, I feel all aspects of my life should have a killer soundtrack.



I love to take photos (though I am technically not trained, so probably not that good), more than anything it's an overgrown hobby. As well as all other forms of art and craft. I always have to be making something. My hands must always be moving or I start to feel anxious, or worse guilty. (You know what they say about the devil's hands)



My biggest passion (next to music, writing and books) is film. Silent, noir, classics, drama, comedy, I adore it all. I was raised watching films and reading books, and they are two of the three things that I couldn't live without. (air, water and food are pretty rad too)



That all being said, greetings and salutations, keep it classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment