Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Little Time



There's something about 3AM.

Ray Bradbury said 3AM is the closest to death you'll ever get. For me it's when I feel the most alive. I've never been a day person, all my good ideas, plans and actions come after dark. Tonight is the same.

I started tonight not intending to be awake now, I didn't want to be awake, I have some rather heavy business to take care of tomorrow, but sometimes (well most times) plans get derailed and life gets in the way.

Earlier tonight, around 8, I punked out of a rad show (that in retrospect I really should have gone to), I went home, watched Mean Girls, ate soup and knitted and napped. Really, how interesting for a Friday night.

I cleaned up my mess, settled into my room, ready to retire for the night. Instead I got a message from my roommate to let him up, that he forgot his keys. He brought with him some of my favorite people in the world.

A wasted night of intentional lameness turned into something amazing, mildly productive and all clarifying. This might be coming from sleep deprivation or inebriation either way everything feels together, honest and for the first time in a long time I'm really excited for tomorrow.

It's times like these that I welcome 3AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment