Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Broken Record

Once every 6 months or so I have to restore my ipod. Generally it's a pain in the ass. My music is scattered across not only my computer, but my room as well. My music lives on my little laptop, an external hard drive, various data discs and some is still on another computer that sits outside my door, tucked nicely in the hall corner.

Most times I want to break my ipod into a few little pieces when this happens, but that would leave me without an ipod, then where would I be? (The way we, and by we, I mean I, rely on electronics is ridiculous) My ipod is my constant companion, records on the go, coping mechanism, catcall blocker, mostly a way to either escape or exacerbate whatever feeling or experience I'm having.

So, what's the point?

Let's get there. I make playlists. I don't put my ipod on shuffle, I don't choose one thing and listen to it to death, I make weekly playlists of where my head is, where my heart it, where everything is and listen to that list until the feeling goes away.

When I restore my ipod, I lose my playlists. I don't keep them and that's for good reason. There are times I don't want to revisit what was going on, or what i was feeling. If something is important enough, it will stay.

With that being said, I lost my last 5 months of playlists.

Good riddance, there are some things that need to be destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment