Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Borrowed iPod, Broken History -made 4/6/11

Here's a short story long. Last Wednesday I lost my iPod. To the BART tracks. It was upsetting. That being said, my rad boyfriend is letting me use his until I get enough money to buy a replacement iPod. I've always wanted to start a catalog of weekly playlists and after seeing my iPod slip between the train and tracks I thought to myself "why not?" Really, there's no time like the present to start something and now that I've had it all taken away, it seems important to put thoughts to paper (or in this case interwebs) and just document it. The music I post on here is what I've added to the stuff already on the iPod. So this is all temporary music on a borrowed iPod. Also, I get the luxury of going through someone else's library, which means I'm branching out a lot more than I ever thought I would. So, without further ado, the first playlist of this blog:

These songs are not meant to be listened to in order, everything is shuffle.
I also never claimed to have good taste in music, I like what I like.

*"Twilight Galaxy" -Metric
*"When I'm Here WIth You" -The Parasites
*"Nightmares" -Jay Reatard
*"Fading All Away" -Jay Reatard
*"Turning Blue" -Jay Reatard
*"Sorry Somehow" -Husker Du
*"Don't Wanna Know If You Are Lonely" -Husker Du
*"Back From Somewhere" -Husker Du
*"(I Saw You) Shine" -Flipper
*Life is Cheap" -Flipper
*"Paralyzed" -Gang of Four
*"Damage Goods" -Gang of Four
*"5-45" -Gang of Four
*"Sonic Reducer" -Dead Boys
*"Guyamas Sonora" -Beirut
*"Brand New Shoes" -She & Him
*"Slow Show" -The National
*"Fix My Brain" -The Marked Men
*"Going Crazy"-The Marked Men
*"Right Here With You" -The Marked Men
*"Lady of Travel and Leisure" -The Ladybirds
*"Oh no! The Unicorns Are Knife Fighting Again" -The Ladybirds
*"Answering Machine" -The Replacements
*"Bastards of Young" -The Replacements
*"Left of the Dial" -The Replacements
*"Little Mascara" -The Replacements
*"Keep Running" -The Boys
*"Constant Arrival" -Cave Country
*"I'll Fly Away" -O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack
*"(I Am Weary) Let Me Rest" -O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack
*"O Death" -O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack
*"Make It Rain" -Tom Waits
*"Clap Hands" -Tom Waits
*"Walk Away" -Tom Waits
*"Lucinda" -Tom Waits
*"Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts" -The Gaslight Anthem
*"I Coulda Been a Contender" -The Gaslight Anthem
*"Early Christmas Present" -Kate Nash
*"Pickpocket" -Kate Nash
*"The Songs That We Sing" -Charlotte Gainsbourg
*"Me & Jane Doe" -Charlotte Gainsbourg
*"In the End" -Charlotte Gainsbourg
*"Kiss the Bottle" -Jawbreaker

No comments:

Post a Comment